Transcript Evaluation to Increase College-Going
What is on a transcript?
The way information is arranged on a transcript can vary greatly from school to school. However, the content of a transcript is generally the same. This section focuses on the content and the importance of the different categories of information contained on a transcript.
- Courses from all schools the student has attended
- Course codes and the dates they were taken for each semester or trimester
- An indicator such as a P or CP to designate which courses are college-prep and/or "a-g" courses
- Summer school courses
- College courses
- Test scores, which may include SAT, ACT, CAHSEE, AP, CST and Golden State Exams
- Grade Point Average – High school GPA and/or UC/CSU GPA. For the differences between the various GPAs, go to the section on “How do I figure out a student’s GPA?”
- International course work
Last modified on 9/10/2009